The UMAT is offered annually. The UMAT 2013 will be held on Wednesday the 31 July 2013.
UMAT Registration is done online via the ACER website. Online registration usually opens at the beginning of April and closes at the beginning of June. After the closing date for late registration it is not possible to register for the UMAT. There is also a concession registration fee for candidates registering for the UMAT if they are eligible.
UMAT Online Registration 2013:
- Registrations open 1 April 2013 and close 5:00pm AEST 1 June 2013
- Late registrations close 5:00pm AEST 15 June 2013
- Results for UMAT 2012 will be released in late September 2012 – the Statement of Results will contain a score for each of the sections of the UMAT as well as an overall score.
Every year universities will set their own cut-off UMAT score, that is, students with scores below the cut-off will not be considered by the admissions committee of that particular university. Universities may also choose to use the UMAT results in different ways. Cut-off scores for universities cannot be predicted because it depends on the results of the 2012 cohort, therefore students should aim to get the highest score they can.
UMAT Fees for 2013:
- UMAT 2013 Registration Fee: $210 (covers online registration for the test, some preparation material, materials required for the paper test, and provision of test results).
- Concession Registration Fee: $110 (available to candidates who hold a current Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card (both issued by Centrelink), or who are listed as a dependant on the current Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card of a parent or guardian).
UMAT Late Registration:
Late registrations for UMAT 2013 will be accepted up to 5.00pm AEST on Friday 15 June 2013 on payment of a late fee of $65 in addition to the registration fee of $210. Candidates who hold concession cards will not be exempted from payment of the late fee where applicable.
UMAT Refund Terms:
Application fees for the 2013 test will be refunded on request up to 15 June 2013. An administrative charge of $40 will be deducted.
After that date the registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. ACER fulfils its commitment to you by reserving a place for you (which would otherwise be available to another) in UMAT and making all necessary preparations (which need to be completed a reasonable time before you sit UMAT) for you to sit the test. If for any reason you are unable to participate in UMAT and you fail to notify ACER prior to the date stated in the refund terms above, your registration fee will not be refunded.
There is no penalty, other than the loss of your fee, if you register for the test but do not sit.
UMAT Test Centres
There are test centres in almost every major city in Australia. Centres are also located in the United States of America as well as in Singapore.
UMAT is generally held in the following locations.
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
- Alice Springs
- Gold Coast
United States of America
Your admission ticket will be emailed to you two weeks prior to the examination, with the exact test centre location and the reporting time.
You will be assigned to a test centre in your chosen city/town. Where multiple sessions are held in one city, you will automatically be allocated to a session. Changes between sessions are NOT permitted.