Here are some useful tips for you the morning of the UMAT:
- When you wake up on the day of the UMAT, consider taking a shower or doing some brief exercise to get the blood flowing.
- If your parent, guardian, friend or relative is taking you to the UMAT, make sure they are up too.
- Eat a normal breakfast on the morning of the UMAT, by that we mean eat whatever you eat normally for breakfast. You don’t want to eat too much, or something that you don’t normally eat as it may upset your stomach or cause you to be groggy.
- Caffeine should only be consumed on the day of the UMAT if it is in your normal routine to do so.
- Before you leave for the UMAT, make sure you have everything you need with you. (Perhaps even have the bag packed the night before hand)
- Allow enough time to get to the UMAT test site 30 – 40 minutes before the recommended time. This allows for traffic delays, and to get in a good position to enter into the exam room. (Remember, there are thousands of students getting to the UMAT test site, traffic is probably not going to be very smooth)
- It may even be helpful to listen to some music in the car trip before arriving at the UMAT test site. If you listen to music that makes you feel good, you will be in a better position to solve the Understanding People questions on the UMAT. (Imagine if you were angry, it is likely that you would think others are also feeling angry, like you.)
- When lining up with other candidates at the UMAT test site, exchange of general conversation may be useful, but try not to talk too much about the UMAT itself.
We hope these tips will help you in keeping calm, focused and relaxed for the UMAT. Ultimately, just remember, you have prepared for this, and the UMAT will allow you to showcase those skills you have practiced.