Have you ever thought about using books to prepare for the UMAT?
Before you go and spend your money on UMAT books there are a few things worth considering:
- Unlike online materials which can be regularly updated, the publisher of such books is unable to amend them in keeping with the frequent changes that do occur in the UMAT.
- There is no way of seeing other reader reviews of such publications, so how will you know what your peers think of them?
- Is the author well versed in all facets of the UMAT and how much experience do they have?
- How long has the author been involved in the UMAT in some way
- You should be able to have confidence in the quality of these UMAT books in order to prepare for the UMAT. For example, are the sample questions of a similar difficulty – if they are not, then you will not be adequately prepared.
- Whilst you will be able to physically write on the books as in the actual exam, there is a limit to how many times you can erase and reuse.
Online materials – such as those of MedEntry – have the advantage over UMAT books, in that they can be updated regularly, are written and managed by experienced staff, and are able to better replicate the UMAT.