The UMAT is offered annually. The UMAT 2017 will be held on Wednesday the 26 July 2017.
UMAT Registration is done online via the ACER website. Online registration usually opens early December and closes at the beginning of June. After the closing date for late registration it is not possible to register for the UMAT. There is also a concession registration fee for candidates registering for the UMAT if they are eligible.
UMAT Online Registration 2017:
- Registrations open early December 2017 and close 5:00pm AEST 2 June 2017
- Late registrations close 5:00pm AEST 16 June 2017
- Results for UMAT 2017 will be released in late September 2017 – the Statement of Results will contain a score for each of the sections of the UMAT as well as an overall score.
- If you wish to sit UMAT outside Australia and New Zealand, an overseas testing levy of AU$185 is payable in addition to the registration fee.
Every year universities will set their own cut-off UMAT score, that is, students with scores below the cut-off will not be considered by the admissions committee of that particular university. Universities may also choose to use the UMAT results in different ways. Cut-off scores for universities cannot be predicted because it depends on the results of the 2012 cohort, therefore students should aim to get the highest score they can.
UMAT Fees for 2017:
- UMAT 2017 Registration Fee: $250 (GST inclusive) (covers online registration for the test, some preparation material, materials required for the paper test, and provision of test results).
- Concession Registration Fee: $150 (available to candidates who hold a current Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card (both issued by Centrelink), or who are listed as a dependant on the current Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card of a parent or guardian).
UMAT Late Registration:
Late registrations for UMAT will be accepted up to 5.00pm AEST on Friday 16 June 2017 on payment of a late fee of $65 in addition to the registration fee of $250. Candidates who hold concession cards will not be exempted from payment of the late fee where applicable.
UMAT Refund Terms:
Please see the ACER website for registration refund terms.
UMAT Test Centres
There are test centres in almost every major city in Australia. Centres are also located in the United States of America as well as in Singapore.
UMAT is generally held in the following locations.
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
- Alice Springs
- Gold Coast
United States of America
Your admission ticket will be emailed to you two weeks prior to the examination, with the exact test centre location and the reporting time.
You will be assigned to a test centre in your chosen city/town. Where multiple sessions are held in one city, you will automatically be allocated to a session. Changes between sessions are NOT permitted.